4 day wildlife tour in the Galapagos Islands on board the Anahi catamaran Cruise Tour
Flying from Quito or Guayaquil, you will arrive at around midday (local time) to San Cristobal where you will be greeted at the lobby by our guide, who will be waiting to take us to the Yacht Anahi. Our baggage will be handled by one of our crew members who will transport them directly to the yacht.
We’ll head to the dock to board the small Zodiacs to take us to the Yacht Anahi. Our Captain and crew will welcome you with a drink and then you will be allocated in your cabins. Following lunch our guide will give a short explanation about the afternoon activities. At about 2 p.m. you will disembark and start our walking tour to visit the Interpretation Center of San Cristobal, located in the outskirts of the small city of Pto. Baquerizo Moreno, the capital of the Galapagos Province. The interpretation center gives us a great introduction to the islands, from the natural and human history, to the actual efforts taken by the National Park and marine reserve to protect the fragile environment. We then walk up to the place known as Frigate Bird Hill.
This short hike starts from the interpretation Center and takes about 30 minutes to reach the top of the hill. Once there, visitors are treated to a spectacular view of the white beaches and the amazing Kicker Rock formation emerging from the Pacific Ocean, and the roofs of the houses of Puerto Baquerizo. The hill is often visited by Frigate birds who nest here in certain times of the year, thus giving it its name. Both the species of “Magnificent” frigate birds and “great” frigate birds can be seen here!
From the hill we descend towards the small cove known as Punta Carola, a place where we find a colony of cute sea lions. A great spectacle!
- Accommodation in double/twin cabins or Suites with king sized beds with private facilities
- All meals during cruise, drinking water, coffee & tea
- All excursions accompanied by bilingual licensed guide as per Galapagos park approved itinerary
- Cruise Fuel Surcharge
- Transfers within the islands on cruise dates as per itinerary
- Personalized 24/7 assistance during tour.
- Snorkeling equipment for marine excursions
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee US$100 per person (in cash only to be pain upon entry to the Islands)
- Galapagos Migration Card US$20 in cash per person (at Quito or Guayaquil Airport)
- Alcoholic / soft drinks, personal expenses, extras, tips and other services not specified in the program
- Travel, medical & cancelation Insurance and any services on Mainland
- All sizes wet-suits for rent on board (in cash)
- Flights to Galapagos from Quito / Guayaquil
- International flights to/from Ecuador.
- Learn about the Giant Tortoise breeding programs at "La Galapaguera"
- Spot bright green and red colored marine iguanas on Española island
- Send a Post Card back home using the Post office barrel on Floreana Island
- Snorkel with rays, sea turtles and possibly hammer head sharks at the Devils Crown