Galapagos catamaran west islands vacation itinerary 8 days M/C Anahi Cruise Tour
Upon arrival at Baltra Island airport (from Quito or Galapagos, travelers pass through an airport inspection point to insure that no foreign plants or animals are introduced to the islands. After clearing the entrance to the national park, our guide will meet you at the lobby, collect your luggage, and escort you on the short (15 minutes) bus ride to the Itabaca Channel. After crossing the canal using a small ferry, we will board our bus for a 45 min / 1-hour drive towards the small city of Puerto Ayora.
From the pier of the town, motorized zodiacs (called ‘Pangas’) will transport you aboard the M/C Yacht Catamaran ANAHI. Once on board, our crew welcomes you with a refreshing drink and after being accommodated in your cabins you are invited for lunch and after a short rest.
At about 2 p.m. you will be transported to the highlands of Santa Cruz Island, up to a private farm where you will enjoy your first visit to the Galapagos Islands. Our guide will take you for a nice walk among the beautiful trees of the forest including ferns and sedges, miconias, etc. Here you will be amazed with the giant tortoises that roam freely in the farm, their natural habitat. The Tortoises are very shy, and will typically withdraw into their shells as soon as they see you coming close. It is very important not to bother, touch or feed these beautiful animals. The area also contains several species of birds including the famous Darwin finches, the rare “Pájaro Brujo” (Wizard Bird) with it’s beautiful red coloration, and many more. At this place we also find a simple but nice structure where you can rest and buy drinks, beers or a try delicious local fruit juices and snacks. Later on you’ll head to one of the many lava tunnels existing in the area. Here you enjoy of a short hike into the tunnel, where one can admire the amazing results of powerful volcanic eruptions occurred some 5 million years ago that shaped the islands we know now. We’ll head back to Puerto Ayora and to the yacht after this visit point, and at 7 p.m. you will have the official welcome drink followed by dinner. After dinner The guide will explain about the next day’s activities as well as some general recommendations for travelers in the Galapagos islands.
- Accommodation in double/twin cabins or Suites with king sized beds with private facilities
- All meals during cruise, drinking water, coffee & tea
- All excursions accompanied by bilingual licensed guide as per Galapagos park approved itinerary
- Cruise Fuel Surcharge
- Transfers within the islands on cruise dates as per itinerary
- Personalized 24/7 assistance during tour.
- Snorkeling equipment for marine excursions
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee US$100 per person (in cash only to be pain upon entry to the Islands)
- Galapagos Migration Card US$20 in cash per person (at Quito or Guayaquil Airport)
- Alcoholic / soft drinks, personal expenses, extras, tips and other services not specified in the program
- Travel, medical & cancelation Insurance and any services on Mainland
- All sizes wet-suits for rent on board (in cash)
- Flights to Galapagos from Quito / Guayaquil
- International flights to/from Ecuador.
- Explore the worlds second largest volcanic crater at the summit of Sierra Negra volcano on Isabela Island
- Swim alongside marine iguanas, flightless cormorants and tropical penguins
- Walk on top of an island that has the form of a chinese hat and explore its constrasting red vesuvium flowers and lava fields where marine iguanas graze
- Walk on pristine beaches and as playful sea lions bark at each other as if they were talking about you
- Land on the active Fernandina island, the youngest in the archipelago and observe lava lizards, marine iguanas and possibly racer snakes